Children Of The Corn 2009 Movie Review

Children Of The Corn unlike the first movie, which was released in 1984, this version was co-written by Stephen King who authored the short story on which it's based. It was also directed and co-written by Donald P. Borchers (Leprechaun 2, and Little Witches). This version features acting by David Anders (Heroes), Kandyse McClure (Battlestar Galactica) and Preston Baily (Dexter).

Here's the basic plot if you are unfamiliar with the story. Burton and Vicki, a young married couple gets lost on their way to California in rural Nebraska. An accident lands them in the ghost town of Gatlin, which is run by a cultish group of children who believe in human sacrifice and a god that lives in the corn.

I thought David Anders did an amazing job and was the only force that carried the movie. Kandyse McClure's acting, as well as her character, Vicki, was so horrible that I almost turned off the movie several times. To McClure's credit, her script was pretty dismal, and I think I would have hated the role no matter who played her because the character was intended to be irritating.

The rest of the cast wasn't that great either, but I should cut them some slack because they are all kids. I understand that you can't always expect Oscar worthy performances in horror flicks, so when I say the acting is pretty bad, keep in mind that I had realistically low expectations.

Personally, I thought this movie was jut so-so. The end felt rushed to me and they left a few things unanswered. I wouldn't base your whole night around watching this movie because you might be disappointed. What I would recommend, is throwing it on while you have some friends over and have a backup DVD on standby.
Source: www.apakistannews.com

Sharing

Share